Here's a fun new concept. A post with two sections talking about What's New and What's Good. Basically I get to talk about whatever I want. Sweet.
What's New: The News
Okay - maybe it's just me, but the news is so... different these days. I'm not talking about the content (which I'm sure we could discuss in length, filling many, many blogposts) but I'm talking about what people wear, and the way they act. What happened to wearing suits on the news?
Who told you it was okay to wear shiny knee high boots on national news?! Who said that you could set your cell phone next to you on your stupid couch and everyone could watch it light up while you get phone calls and text messages - while you're doing your job?! WHO did your makeup?! It's not flattering. Who picked that atrocious tie? The pattern makes our eyes hurt. What's with the gaudy jewelry? Don't you people get paid a lot?!
This is primarily aimed toward women anchors on the news, but it applies to men sometimes as well. Call me conservative, but I have a hard time taking you seriously when you're reporting national news in the same outfit that an office manager wears to work, or a 20-year-old wears to the bar, or the class clown wears to his first ever job interview.
This is especially aimed at whoever is dressing our news anchors. Let's be honest: they're not dressing themselves.
Please be professional. K, thanks.
What's Good: Smosh!
Smosh is my new favorite YouTube comedy sensation. They are by no means "new," but they definitely fall into our "good" category! Smosh consists of two guys - Ian and Anthony - who did lots of sketch comedy videos, a few ironic music videos, and some generally funny blogposts. They have a YouTube channel, as well as their own website with games, out takes, extras, and uncensored versions of their videos.
Here's one of my favorite Smosh videos on YouTube:
And a link to their own website: Smosh
And that concludes our first ever game of "What's New and What's Good." Thanks for reading, sunshines.
No comments:
Post a Comment