UPDATE!
Well, it's been 3 months and 22 days since my last update. What's new, you ask? Well… Not a whole heck of a lot! Here's what ya missed:
In November, we had Thanksgiving… mmmm turkey!
In December, there was some craziness called "finals," although, lest you be confused, let me explain that these are not, in fact, "final" anythings. The tests I took in December were midterms for my classes, which are all full year classes. They count for 20-30% of my total grade for the year. (Except Torts, the only class in which I received a real grade, which I suppose you might say counts for half my grade… ugh, too much to explain.) Finals went pretty well, but we didn't actually find that out until January, so read on!
Also in December, I was home for my brother-in-law's birthday for the first time EVAR!
And of course, we celebrated Christmas! I got some awesome Arsenal gear from my dad, and some sweet SmartWool socks in my stocking. Plus, fun family times, and more mmmm… food!
January… I started getting bored being at home and having nothing to do. I thought we'd have more assignments over the break, but no. I read three books for fun (To Kill A Mocking Bird, Eating the Cheshire Cat, and Roanoke Island) and I worked out at the Rec on City Campus for the first time. Big steps.
Then, school was supposed to start.
But we had a terrible ice storm!
And school was canceled.
For TWO days!!
What is this, Texas?
Anyway, I finally got my "grades" on the second day. We get "quartiles" so we find out if we are in the 1st (best), 2nd, 3rd, or 4th quartile in each class. I did pretty well in Torts, and my quartiles were acceptable, so … yay?
I also started a new class this semester - Criminal Law! Everyone hates it and says it's super boring, but I'm actually enjoying it. Maybe it's the change of pace. It can't be because I want to be a criminal lawyer, because I really, really don't! I swear.
And now it's February. (Already?!) I've turned in a memo, started working on a brief, and need to begin practicing for oral arguments soon. Doesn't that sound so… lawyerly?
As you all should know, my birthday is coming up on Friday… I'm going to be the BIG 2-5! Holy smokes, folks!
And... that's all. My life still more or less consists of class, homework, and sleep. Yep - you didn't miss much!
Love <3
Samantha
P.S. Check out my favorite new artist/producer Kurt Schneider, and his piano playing, song singing friend, Sam Tsui:
P.P.S. If there are other things about my life that you'd like to hear about, leave a comment, and let me know! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment