…As you can tell, I've decided to do a little bloggy blog instead of either of those marvelous ideas. Today's blog promises to be an actual update. Here we go!
Last week, I had my 25th Birthday! Holy smokes, folks.
Who has two thumbs and is a quarter-of-a-century old?! This girl!
Originally I was going to go to Chicago to see all my Windy City friends for my birthday, especially because Lizzy was in town that weekend, but I just couldn't make it
Two of my good friends from school - Justin and Samantha (yes, there are two of us) - also had birthdays last week, so we had a big combo-party for all of us and our friends. Did the whole dinner and drinks thing, and somehow stayed up until 4am? Yes. It was tons of fun. Look it! Picture!
Not sure how this happened, but there are actually no pictures (on my camera) of the three birthday kids. So instead you get to see me and some of my girlfriends with our fun girly drinks. Pictures from later in the night are not so good - can't imagine why - so this picture was the first one of the night!
Moving on...
The weather here has been really nice. And there's a lot of turmoil in the middle east. Can anyone guess where I might be going with this? I think it's about time to buy a new bike.
For those of you who don't know, I used to have a fairly okay bike when I lived in Chicago. It was a GIANT bike! And it was pretty, and blue, and my roommate Jeffy helped me pick it out, and actually was kind enough to go pick it up for me! One day, Jef and I rode our bikes to the Whole Foods at Roosevelt. We locked up our bikes (actually, Jef locked up our bikes) on the bike rack in the parking garage, which has video cameras pointed at it. An hour later, we came out with all our whole-food goodness, and - lo, and behold - my bike was gone. I almost cried, but I don't really do that, so instead we called the coppers, who couldn't do anything about it. This is Chicago we're talking about, kids.
After that, I didn't want to buy a new bike. I was pretty tore up about the old one getting stolen and everything. But you know, I think I'm ready now. And since gas prices are likely to rise, and the weather really is quite nice these days, and I live rather close to school anyway, and it's good for the environment, and hearts and stars and unicorns… I think it's about time to start thinking about getting a new bike.
Maybe one like this?

SO! Look for updates on that.
Right.
Thanks for reading, sunshines! <3
No comments:
Post a Comment