Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Damn girl, look at that body.

Hi hi sunshines! Sorry for not blogging in like 8 million years, but - y'know - things get busy. Whatevs.

Also, I know I said I'd blog about my puppy-kins, and I will, someday, but today is not that day...

Lately I have been doing lots of work on changing my diet to eat clean, and starting to increase/change my workouts. Today I was looking at the infinite possibilities for this online and I was just overwhelmed by the prospect of what lies ahead. Sometimes it can be really discouraging just thinking about working out and changing your life. For me, it's because I see people and I think to myself - I will never look like that.

And that's true. I will never look like that person. That person is a completely different person than I am. We have different body types, different muscle builds, different bone structures, different histories that build and shape ourselves, and different DNA.

So, NO - you and I will never look like Gisele or The Get in Shape Girl or Lisa from bodyrock.tv (unless you happen to BE one of those people, in which case - daaaamn girl!). We'll look like us. That fact is something I have to learn to accept and be okay with, or be happy about. Part of the reason I get discouraged is that things feel hopeless because honestly, right now, I still don't love ME. I think part of me still believes that maybe if I eat the right things and do the right exercises, I'll somehow become this magical, beautiful person that I suddenly love. The truth is that I have to accept myself as I am.

I don't know what that means for me. And that's scary. This another part of my fears with change. I don't know what the outcome will be and if I'll like it. That doesn't mean I don't want to change. It means that I'm practically paralyzed with fear in how I should go about changing. Should I lift more? Should I do more cardio? Should I do circuit work? Should I do bikini competitor workouts? Should I do P90X? Or the bodyrock workouts? Or yoga? What's going to get me the results I desire? What are the results I desire?

Secretly, I'm really just afraid that I'll end up super muscular if I lift too much, or lift wrong, or don't do enough cardio or eat too much protein. What to do, what to do?

You know - after I write it all down, it seems clear. Lift, but not heavy weights. Low weights, lots of reps. Do plenty of cardio. Eat lean protein. Muscle is better than fat, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment