Friday, February 17, 2012

Some thoughts...

I recently read an article about the show 19 Kids and Counting. I don't watch this show and I don't really know very much about it, except the very basic premise that the family doesn't use contraceptives and has lots and lots of kids. I'm not saying I necessarily agree with the practice, but I DO disagree with this article.

First, read the article here.

Then, my comments...

1. If women want to live the way this woman does, if they want to express their religious beliefs through the way they act in their marriages, they should have every right to do that, and anyone who claims otherwise is not a feminist, but a hypocrite.

2. Talking about miscarriages and showing the hope and happiness of pregnancy, along with the sadness and despair of loss, may seem cruel, but it's a very real part of life that many people can relate to. Sometimes, even if what you're going through is incredibly crappy, it's helpful to know other people are going through something similar.

That's all. I just wanted to share.

I promise to blog more soon about my new puppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment